Photo Competition for your Cellphone Pics!
This week I learned about a fun new photographic competition sponsored by O3 World. Check out the details in the guest post below and get those camera phones out! – Ingrid
Guest post by Keith Scandone, O3 World.com
While some would consider it a travesty to consider the mobile phone as a means to create art, we celebrate it. Masterpieces Made Simple is new gallery series that is a showcase of creativity provided by everyday people by way of their smart phones. One of the best things about this series is that it is just as easy for the photography beginner to participate, as it is for the expert.
Masterpieces Made Simple is sponsored and hosted by O3 World, a Web Design and Development company in Philadelphia, and the concept was created by one of O3 World’s employees, Hilary Sedgwick, and Kenny Kim.
The site launched June 14th, and in less than a month, has received roughly 800 submissions. The submissions have come from all over the country, including NY, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, North Carolina and Florida, and from all over the world including Egypt, Singapore, Iran, China and India.
This event, which is being held Friday, July 23rd from 6 – 9, is the first in a 4 part series. Each event going forward with a theme associated with it and will be rolled out quarterly.
To check out the photos or make your own submission, check out www.themmsgallery.com
Making a submission couldn’t be any easier. Here’s what you do:
1. Take a sweet picture with your mobile device. Take a new one, or submit an old favorite… the choice is yours.
2. Email your image to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Include the following information:
* TITLE: Enter the Title of your image in the Subject Line of your email. THE REST OF THE INFORMATION LISTED BELOW SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL.
* ARTIST: That’s You! Include your name so when people admire your work they know that you created that masterpiece.
* LOCATION: Where were you when you became inspired? (City, State and if it applies, venue).
* DEVICE: Let us know what kind of mobile device you used to capture your image. An iPhone, Blackberry, Droid; any device is acceptable as long as it is a mobile phone that takes photos.
* You may choose to leave any or all of these fields blank. If you do choose to do this we will display the fields as “Unknown”.
4. Once all the information is in place, you’re ready to go. Hit that send button!
5. Once the image is approved by us it will be display on the The MMS Gallery homepage ready for public view and commenting!
Submissions are only being accepted until Monday July 12th, so pick up that phone and snap some photos!