Halloween Photography Tips – Using Exposure Compensation
This is an old post I thought I’d give a little bump – ’tis the season ‘n all
There was great excitement in the Owens house last night when we carved out the pumpkins which have been sitting on the porch since last weekend’s visit to the pumpkin patch. I have to say that I love this American tradition! In Ireland, Halloween is more about fireworks and bonfires than pumpkin carving. Anyways, when we were finished making our jack-o’-lanterns we had, of course, to take photos and I thought that it would be a great opportunity to show you how sometimes, even when shooting at night, it’s better NOT to use flash. Read more
Awesome Travel Photography Competition for you to enter
Travel Photography is one of my great loves. Ah…I remember the days before kiddos when I would wander the world in search of my next great adventure, always with camera in hand. I especially loved shooting city scenes full of life and vibrancy and easily telling a story in a single frame
If YOU love to shoot city scenes of your travels or even your home city you should not miss out on this wonderful competition being sponsored by Millenium & Copthorne Hotels. There are prizes of restaurant vouchers and weekends away and I am honored to be one of the judges
To take part in this competition, simply:
- Tweet the URL of your favourite city photographs that you have taken
- Include #CityView and @MillenniumEU so we can find them
End date: 31th October 2012
Entries will be judged across five categories and winners will each receive these great prizes:
- Most Shared - Friday and Saturday night dinner, bed and breakfast for 2 people, at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – Millennium & Copthorne Hotels
- Most Dramatic - Friday and Saturday night bed and breakfast for 2 people and a bottle of wine on arrival, at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – David Nightingale (chromasia.com)
- Most Creative - Friday and Saturday night bed and breakfast for 2 people, at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – Ingrid Owens (beginnersphotographyblog.com) aka me!
- Honourable Mentions - £75 restaurant voucher, to be redeemed at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – Jeff Titelius (eurotravelogue.com)
- Honourable Mentions - £50 restaurant voucher, to be redeemed at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – Victoria Brewood (pommietravels.com)
All accepted entries will be featured on the Millennium & Copthorne Hotels blog and your work will be credited. The most highly revered images will be used to create an article entitled “The World’s Greatest City Views” and again, images will be fully credited.
This is a wonderful opportunity to show off some of your work to the world and perhaps win a great prize to boot! Go on – put your best shot out there…it might be a winner!